The Reuters Institute is inviting applications for Journalism Fellowships to study in the UK. Fellowships may be for three, six or nine months covering one or two terms or a full academic year (October – June) respectively.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to mid-carrier journalists.
Eligible Nationalities: Journalists from throughout the world are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
To be considered for a Fellowship you must have a minimum of five years journalistic experience, or in rare cases demonstrate the equivalent level of expertise.
Candidates who are carrying out a research project within one of the Reuters Institute of Journalism’s areas of interest will be given priority in the selection process.
Method of Application:
Below is a list of the materials you will need to complete your application:
- A full curriculum vitae
- A personal statement outlining i) your journalistic values, ii) the major trends in the media landscape in which you work, and iii) a summary of what you think you would contribute to the Fellowship programme (no more than 500 words in total).
- A statement of up to 1,000 words explaining your proposed research project
- A reference from your employer, supporting your application and granting leave of absence
- A second professional reference (e.g. former employer)
- A sample of your work (please see specific requirements below)
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 31, 2018